Peanut Butter Cheesecake with Pretzel Crust 🍰🥜🥨
I love ALL desserts, especially cheesecake! I love cheesecake because it has its own unique texture. There is just something about a fluffy, creamy, cakey dessert!
This cheesecake isn’t just any ordinary cheesecake, instead, it’s a high-protein alternative for normal cheesecake, because it has the yummiest new peanut butter in it called ‘Pintfulpb’! And it’s super good for you 🙂 It’s an all natural, smooth, creamy, plant-based peanut butter that’s super high in protein. It’s perfect as a snack or obviously in this delish dessert!
Check out the recipe below for your next late night Friday snack. And impress guests with this delicious peanut butter cheesecake dessert at your next event!
They’ll be surprised how this healthy of a peanut butter can make something so delicious.
Peanut Butter Cheesecake with Pretzel Crust Recipe
Prep time: 40 minutes
Cook time: 2 hours & 10 minutes
- 2 cups crushed pretzels
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 32 oz cream cheese at room temp
- 3/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 3/4 sour cream
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup Pintful peanut butter
CHOCOLATE GLAZE & TOPPING:
- 2 oz bittersweet chocolate
- 1 1/2 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 4 Reese’s peanut butter cups (or you can use our healthy protein peanut butter cups)
- Preheat oven to 350 F and grease a 9 or 10-inch springform pan.
- Combine the pretzels, melted butter, & brown sugar until well mixed.
- Transfer the mixture to the prepared pan and press evenly to the bottom of the pan.
- Bake for 10 min, then set aside to cool slightly.
- Place the cream cheese, brown sugar, & sour cream in a large mixing bowl or mixer. Beat until smooth. Mix in the vanilla extract.
- Add the eggs one at a time. Beat well. Add Pintful peanut butter and mix thoroughly.
- Pour the filling into the crust. Spread evenly.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Reduce oven to 200 F and bake for 2 hours (or until center is firm.)
- Remove the cheesecake and run a knife around the edge.
- Turn off the oven, but place the cheesecake back in for 2 hours. Then remove, cover, and chill overnight.
- Melt the butter and chocolate in 30-second increments until completely melted.
- Use a spoon to drizzle the chocolate over the chilled cheesecake.
- Sprinkle the toffee bits over the top of the cheesecake.