Simple Peanut Butter Energy Balls
These peanut butter energy balls are absolutely delicious (if you don’t believe me check the photo below) and super easy. Actually found and made by my beautiful mother, so in honor of Mother’s Day being this week, I thought it would be a good time to show off my mother’s kitchen skills.
A Healthy Snack That Tastes Like a Dessert!
I actually took these peanut butter bites to a church group gathering that evening, which is why my mom made them in the first place. And they were a hit! I’m pretty sure one girl ate like 6, everyone couldn’t get enough.
The best part? They had no idea how healthy they were actually eating! Made with Pintful’s protein-packed peanut butter, oats, and minimal sugar (only brown sugar added). So if you’re looking for a dessert-like-snack packed with protein, low glycemic (good) carbs, and peanut butter flavor. You’re in for a treat here and going to want to try these out!
How Healthy Am I Being With These PB Oat Balls?
The nutrition facts may just blow you away after you give them a taste! And because of using Pintful’s protein peanut butter we add a little extra goodness in every energy bite. Don’t believe us? Check it out how we do it here!
- Fat: 6g
- Carbs: 18g
- Protein: 6g
No-Bake Peanut Butter And Oats Energy Balls Recipe
- 1/2 cup stevia (no-calorie sugar substitute)
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar (not packed)
- 6 tablespoons Creamy Pintful peanut butter (you can also use Crunchy or any other flavor depending on what you want!)
- 1/4 cup skim milk (or almond milk for vegan substitute)
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup crispy rice cereal (use brown rice cereal for some extra health benefits)
This peanut butter and love filled recipe is actually as simple as 1,2,3!!
- Whisk stevia, brown sugar, Pintful’s peanut butter, milk, brown sugar, and margarine in a large saucepan. Bring the mixture to a boil over medium-high heat and boil for about 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla and oats. Let the mixture stand for about 1 minute then stir in your choice of rice cereal.
- Drop mixture by tablespoons onto a baking sheet that’s lined with wax paper or aluminum foil. Refrigerate for roughly 20 minutes or until firm.
And that’s it! Enjoy your delicious healthy snack and don’t feel guilty going back for seconds (or thirds if you’re feeling wild!)