High-Protein Vegan Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups 🥜🍫😍
This peanut butter cup recipe was originally brought to you by Dani at veganproteins.com and you can check them out there as well as on Instagram @veganproteins or @musclesbybrussels where the full recipe is and they post awesome fitness and plant-based related content.
The Healthy Protein Peanut Butter Cups Recipe
This recipe makes about 12 delicious protein-packed peanut butter cups. But you scale them up for parties or just make a few (or two dozen) for a late night snack. The perfect one for curing those cravings and keeping you fueled with enough protein for the rest of the day.
What makes these PB cups healthy?
Utilizing no added sugar using only plant-based dark chocolate chips this recipe doesn’t have anything added that doesn’t need to be there. On top of that, Pintful’s peanut butter packs in 12 grams of protein per serving which is 50% more than your standard peanut butter. And those are the only two main ingredients. Making this PB cup recipe:
- Higher In Protein
- Lower In Fat
- Lower In Sugar
- Lower In Calories
- 12 Tablespoons Dark Chocolate Chips (Enjoylife brand or Ghiradelli for vegan peanut butter cups)
- 12 Tablespoons of Pintful Creamy Peanut Butter
- Sprinkle of Sea Salt
- Olive Oil Cooking Spray
- Cover muffin tin with cupcake liners and spray the inside. Set aside
- Melt dark chocolate chips over a double boiler. Stirring carefully and continuously to make sure not to burn or overcook (You can also melt them in a microwave while stirring every 30 seconds)
- Spoon about one teaspoon of chocolate in each liner. Spreading it evenly and thinly across the bottom and a bit up the sides of the cupcake liner
- Place muffin tin in the freezer for 10-15 minutes to allow the chocolate to harden
- Add 1 Tablespoon of Pintful Creamy Peanut Butter onto each hardened layer of chocolate
- Spoon about two teaspoons over the peanut butter and spread the layer evenly over the top. Completely covering the peanut butter
- (Optional) Sprinkle Sea Salt over the top of the peanut butter cups
- Place in the freezer for another 10-15 minutes until the chocolate solidifies
- Unwrap from the liners and enjoy! 😋