The love for peanut butter
My love for peanut butter runs deep, as I’m sure yours does too. And we peanut butter lovers deserve a healthy treat every now and then, right?! These peanut butter banana muffins are positively delicious, perfectly moist, loaded with heart-healthy oat flour, and pack in just over 8g of protein.
Healthified Deliciousness 😋
First of all, combining peanut butter and bananas—–helloooooooo delicious! These healthified peanut butter banana muffins you can actually feel good about eating. Naturally sweetened with honey and mashed bananas, a dose of fiber from the oat flour, protein-packed from Pintful peanut butter, and a little naughty with the mini chocolate chips— of course, optional but kind of required if you ask me.
Not joking about the healthy peanut butter aspect of these muffins!!
With 28g of carbs and 8g of protein, these muffins are the perfect pre-workout fuel. With a combination of fast-acting carbs from the honey and bananas to give you quick energy, slow-release carbs from the oat flour to provide you with sustained energy, and of course protein from Pintful high-protein peanut butter to protect your muscles, you will be ready to tackle your next workout full throttle. So put down that preservative filled, blood-sugar spiking store-bought muffin and take 20 minutes to make your own healthified peanut butter banana muffins.
Healthy Peanut Butter Banana Muffins
Prep Time: 5 min
Cook Time: 15 min
Serves How Many: 12
Macros per muffin: 8g protein, 7g fat, 28g carb
- 3 ripe bananas
- ⅓ cup honey
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup Pintful peanut butter
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 ½ c oat flour (blend rolled oats, then measure)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ cup mini choc chips – Enjoy Life
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Mix mashed banana, peanut butter, honey, vanilla, and eggs using a hand mixer.
- Add dry ingredients to wet and blend again using a hand mixer. Do not over mix! Stir in mini chocolate chips
- Line muffin tin with muffin liners or spray with cooking spray. Spoon batter into prepared muffin tin, filling ¾ of the way full.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until muffins are cooked through.
Simple, delicious and healthy. Just the way I like it!
Try the recipe out for yourself by grabbing all the ingredients you need above including going here for 20% your first order of Pintful PB. And let us know how this recipe turned out for you in the comments below!
Follow @simplesims_health for more!