Homemade Chocolate Peanut Butter (Buttah 😜) Cups
My absolute favorite combination on this earth is chocolate & peanut butter. I can never get enough, and that can be an issue when I don’t have healthy alternatives to turn to, so making this homemade version of the classic Reese’s cup makes my life 100x better.
Unlike store bought peanut butter cups these have minimal sugar, and you know exactly the ingredients going into your food! I like to avoid added sugars when I can, but we can’t be perfect. I calculated the macros to the best of my ability, and they are easily able to fit into your day as a little dessert or snack to hold you over during the day. (96cals- 6.6F 7.6C 2.2P)
The macros will change if you use a different brand of chocolate or if you make the cups bigger or smaller! (this made roughly 12 medium sized cups)
What You’ll Need To Make These Healthy Reese’s Alternatives
1/2 cup Toll House Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips (just what I had on hand but next time I want to try vegan chocolate or sugar-free chooclate)
4tbsp Pintful peanut butter
2-3 tsp coconut oil
Sprinkle of Pink Himalayan Sea Salt
Oil spray (if using a muffin pan)
Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups Recipe:
Prep Time: 5min
Cook Time: 5min
Serves How Many: About 12 medium cups
(96cals- 6.6F 7.6C 2.2P)
- 1/2 cup Toll House Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips (just what I had on hand but next time I want to try vegan chocolate or sugar-free chooclate)
- 4tbsp Pintful peanut butter
- 2-3 tsp coconut oil
- Sprinkle of Pink Himalayan Sea Salt
- Measure out ¼ cup of the chocolate chips into a microwavable dish and add 1tsp coconut oil
- Get out a mini muffin pan or muffin liners (if you use pan I suggest praying with oil) size is just preference!!
- Melt down the chocolate chips/oil in the microwave with 15-20second increments and stir between each time (chocolate can burn easily so watch out if your microwave is really powerful)
- When fully melted spoon out into muffin pan/liners into however many slots you want depending on size.
- Stick into freezer
- Measure out 4tbsp peanut butter
- Take cups out of the freezer and spoon peanut butter evenly into cups
- Place back into the freezer
- Melt down the rest of chocolate chips and coconut oil the same way as before
- Spoon out the melted chocolate onto the cups again for the last layer
- Sprinkle with sea salt (or any other toppings you please, I used some coconut)
- Place back into the freezer till fully set
- Should keep in the freezer so they don’t end up melting!!
(I melted all my chocolate first and then put peanut butter on top for just two layers instead of having chocolate on top just because I was experimenting- you can do either way!!)
The easiest take on a classic candy, this will for sure curve your sweet tooth while keeping you on track and staying healthy and HAPPY! I mean seriously who can say no to chocolate and peanut butter!
This delicious recipe is brought to you by Kateri. Check out all of her recipes and fitness motivation on Instagram @katrosenbergfitness. And as always feel free to drop your comments below on how much you love this recipe or check out our other PB cup recipe as well.
P.S. use this link to snag 20% off your first purchase off Pintful peanut butter so you can make your own protein peanut butter cups!